Forgot password?


On June 16, 2017, President Trump announced changes to current U.S. regulations with regards to travel to Cuba that affects INDIVIDUALS traveling independently to Cuba under the People to People category of travel.  HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOU?

New Policy

Yes. As long as you booked any element of your trip before June 16th the old rules apply and you can travel under your selected category of travel.

Yes, as long as you qualify under one of the 12 categories of travel. Please visit the OFAC website for more details.

Changes are not official until OFAC make a new statement, this category is due to be removed. However, there are other categories of travel you can choose.

OFAC has not released a list of hotels that are owned by the military. Until such a time you can book a future reservation with any hotel of your convenience.

Required documents

Passport (must be valid for at least six months), OFAC License (need to choose one of the 12 categories), Visa, Health form and Custom form filled.

A Cuban visa or  “tourist card,” is required to travel to Cuba. This visa allows you to stay in the country for 30 days, extendable for another 30 days. The visa is a two-part card, where Cuban immigration officials will take one half upon arrival in country, and the other half upon departure.  When booking your trip with Marazul, we will secure your airfare, Cuban visa, and required Cuban health insurance.

All visitors are required to have health insurance that is accepted in Cuba. U. S. health insurance are not accepted at medical facilities in Cuba. The commercial airlines and charters INCLUDE health insurance in the cost of the ticket.

Make a copy of your passport or take with your driver license as a form of ID and leave your actual passport in a safety box in your hotel or other safe place– you will only need it in Cuba In order to exchange money. Hold on to the second half-of your visa (Cuban customs will keep the other part on your arrival) until you leave Cuba.

You will need either a valid Cuban passport or HE-11 visa prior to entering Cuba if you were born in Cuba and left the country prior to December 31,1970 (traveling with American passport). If you were born in Cuba and left Cuba after January 1,1971, you will need to obtain a Cuban passport regardless of a US passport.

No, if you have a valid passport with a “habilitación”, you won’t need to obtain a. Your Cuban passport has a validity of six (6) years, but a “prorroga” must be obtained every two years in order to keep it valid.

Is an entry permit stamped on your Cuban passport for Cubans who have emigrated to U.S. or another country. A request for an “habilitacion needs to be made only once for Cubans who have left Cuba to emigrate and for those who left the country any other reason and have not returned to Cuba for at least 24 months.

Cuban passport is valid for six year and need a “prorroga” (passsport extension) every 2 years